Wednesday 28 March 2012

A workshop

I lead an acrylic/portrait workshop for the PMP members on Wednesday, Mar. 27th. This was the first time I taught a painting class (have taught drawing classes in the past). Everyone was very kind to me and I learned quite a bit, so I will be more prepared the next time I teach such a class.

I worked from a 8"x 8" digital image that was ruled into one inch sections. I drew that image on my prepared 16"x 16" stretched canvas that had been ruled into 2" sections. So my ratio was 1:2. It's important that you figure out a way to make your ratio true for your image in both directions.

I worked from the photograph observing shapes and just trying to get down color on most areas of the canvas. I also showed the group how I used some of my printed tissue paper to give texture and color to the shirt.

Today I started refining some of the shapes and bringing in more of the dark shadows. I will continue to refine shapes and colors. And fix my "road". Goodness, I can't draw a straight line. I thought I would keep posting as the painting progessed so people could get an idea of how a painting is developed.

Comments would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment